Closes: 12.09.19More info >
Educational Communicator – Lister Community School, Plaistow, Newham
● To provide communication between deaf students, staff and hearing impaired in British Sign Language, Sign Support English, note-taking or other methods as appropriate.
● To modify language, provide examples etc, to enhance student’s experience and access to the curriculum.
● To further the inclusion of Deaf students by participating in meetings, attending courses and being aware of national developments.
● To provide communication support for deaf staff at department meetings, briefings and Inset days where appropriate.
● To plan, deliver and evaluate sessions to small groups of Deaf students in line with their individual and curriculum needs.
● To undertake duties with appropriate supervision, determination, knowledge of work areas and a degree of independence of action.
● To support with and carry out the reviewing of targets set for students within their annual reviews.
How to apply
If you think you have the potential to work as an outstanding Educational Communicator then an application form can be downloaded directly from our school’s website at: http://www.lister.newham.sch.uk/vacancies/ or by contacting Jackie Young (HR Manager) on 020 8471 3311.
Completed applications must be returned to the school at the above address, or by email to: email@example.com
Applications are required by 12:00noon on Tuesday, 27th August 2019
Interviews: Week commencing the 2nd September 2019
A full job description can also be found on the school’s website.