Closes: 28.04.19More info >
Peripatetic Sensory Support Teacher – Teacher of the Deaf 1.0 FTE – East Riding
Peripatetic Sensory Support Teacher – Teacher of the Deaf 1.0 FTE
Salary: £22917 – £38633 MPS/UPS pro rata + SEN Allowance
Contract: Part-Time, Permanent
Base: Children’s Specialist Services Hub, Anlaby, East Riding of Yorkshire
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity for career development in a highly supportive and visionary team of professionals?
We seek an outstanding, enthusiastic and self-motivated Teacher of the Deaf who thrives on hard work and challenge to work across the East Riding. The Service supports pupils from birth to 25 years.
We can offer:
• The opportunity to take a leading role in raising outcomes to ensure that deaf pupils in the East Riding achieve their potential
• a challenging and varied role working with children, parents, schools and other agencies
• the opportunity to develop specialist skills
• highly skilled and supportive colleagues within a well-established specialist team.
You should have:
• the mandatory qualification to teach deaf children or be prepared to achieve this within two academic years of appointment
• excellent teaching skills and be a thoughtful and reflective practitioner
• experience of working with a wide range of deaf children within a mainstream or specialist environment
• the ability to manage a busy caseload and prioritise accordingly
• understanding of and commitment to inclusive education
• good communication and a high level of interpersonal skills.
• a commitment to providing families with balanced, unbiased advice to enable them to make an informed choice for their deaf child
• a willingness to be highly flexible in your thinking and approach to secure the best outcomes for pupils on your caseload.
SaPTS is based within the new Children’s Specialist Service’s Hub in Anlaby. From this innovative base we provide support and advice to families and professionals of deaf children and young people aged 0-25 across the East Riding of Yorkshire. The service has high expectations and is ambitious to continually improve therefore you should thrive on hard work and change.
Training as a Teacher of the Deaf will be provided for an individual who does not have the mandatory qualification. The qualification is a Masters level course; therefore, you will need to be able to study at this level and make a significant personal commitment.
Section 77–84 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that the council ensures that all customer facing staff are able to speak an appropriate standard of English; therefore, applicants for customer facing posts will be assessed on this basis as part of the interview process.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and is pursuing equality of opportunity in employment.
For an informal discussion please contact Sarah Fox, Lead Teacher, tel (01482) 394000.
How to apply
Application pack available at https://bit.ly/2CimW7A
Advert No: CYSP000134
Closing Date: 12 noon, 26 April 2019
Interview Date: 21 May 2019