Closes: 20.10.19More info >
Peripatetic Teacher of the Deaf – North East Lincolnshire
The Educational Team for Hearing and Vision is seeking to appoint a qualified Teacher of the Deaf to join a small enthusiastic team who support the achievements of deaf children and young people, their families, pre-school settings and schools across the authority. The post is peripatetic and part of the wider Special Educational Needs Support Services. Required from January 2020 or as soon as possible.
We are looking for someone who:
* has a clear commitment to inclusive education and an ability to work effectively as part of a multi-agency team.
* has a good knowledge of language development and how children and young people learn and how this can be facilitated in the classroom.
* has a broad, detailed and experience-based knowledge of special educational needs and disability and experience or interest in teaching deaf children and young people.
* is a Teacher of the Deaf holding the mandatory qualification or who is working towards this qualification. We are also interested to hear from qualified, experienced teachers who are interested in teaching deaf children and who are willing to undertake mandatory qualification.
* is confident with technology and can problem solve.
* has excellent communication skills, is well organised and creative.
* fulfils the travel requirements of the role.
If you have the skills, enthusiasm and commitment to join our highly regarded and successful Service, we would like to hear from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect the same commitment from all staff.
Appointment to this post is subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Interview Date: 25th November 2019 – 1pm – 4pm at the Civic Offices, Cleethorpes
For an informal chat or further information please contact Karen Jacklin, Team Leader for Hearing (01472) 323465 or 07921 399663
How to apply
To apply for this post please visit https://ats-nelincs.jgp.co.uk/vacancies/list