Closes: 23.06.19More info >
Primary School Teacher – Mary Hare School
Primary School Teacher (Key Stage 1&2) – Opportunity for Assistant Headship for the right candidate
Mary Hare Primary is recruiting! We are a dynamic and forward-thinking oral school for deaf children looking for a primary teacher to join our school, ideally for a September 2019 start or a January 2020 start for the right candidate.
The successful candidate joining us will be an enthusiastic, a committed and positive primary teacher. We have an environment which is fully inclusive, where every student is truly part of the school. Mary Hare Primary is a fantastic place to work within a beautiful grade II listed building, excellent facilities and hardworking staff that want to do the very best for students in their care.
Our vision at Mary Hare is that all deaf children should receive the education and support which will enable them to achieve their full potential at home, school and in their subsequent careers. We teach within an auditory oral philosophy which means we do not use signing in the classroom. We have a bright future with plans for a brand-new school build and we are continuously evolving our practice to ensure that we are maximizing the opportunities to secure the futures of the children we serve.
We are looking for a Teacher:
- Who is passionate and can consistently deliver high-quality teaching and is able to work flexibly across key stage 1 and 2.
- Who is enthusiastic and committed to ensuring that they deliver the very best for the children within their care and to contributing to the school as a whole.
- Someone who has the ability to remain calm and think clearly under pressure.
- Has the ability to think outside the box, respond to needs quickly and be flexible within their approach to ensuring that the holistic needs of our children are met.
- Who has a proven track record of excellent teaching, successful work with children with SEND and the ability to work in a team.
- Who is willing to train as a teacher of the deaf or is already qualified.
- Who has a good, consistent experience and knows how to prepare students for the next stage of their learning.
- A person that is driven and has a high work ethic to ensure students get every chance to succeed.
- Someone that is reflective on their own practice and always looking to develop professionally.
This role is for an experienced Teacher and there is scope for the right candidate to form part of the leadership team within the school and the potential to fulfil the one of the Assistant Head Teacher roles.
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Check (if applicable) and professional reference checks. You will be expected to be fully committed to the welfare and safeguarding of our children.
For more information or to discuss similar vacancies, please contact our Head Teacher, Robert Rattray at Mary Hare Primary School firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Interviews: 1st and 2nd July 2019
Please go to http://www.maryhare.org.uk/about-us/jobs and apply online remembering to submit your fully completed application form. We will be unable to progress your application with a CV.
If you have any problems applying for this role, please contact Sarah Stratford, HR Advisor at email@example.com, or alternatively, if you require more information about this role, please contact Rob Rattray, Head Teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org