Closes: 21.11.18More info >
SENCO (0.4) Frank Barnes School
Post: SENCO (0.4) – starting ASAP 2019
Salary: MPS + SEN 2
The First Choice for Deaf Children in London
Frank Barnes is an innovative and exciting bilingual school for profoundly deaf children with a national and international reputation as a centre of excellence in Deaf Education. We are a friendly, supportive school, based in Camden, a short walk from Kings Cross/St Pancras International Station with good rail links across London and beyond.
• Every child develops a positive sense of their deaf identity and becomes a successful learner
• BSL and English are taught to a high standard enabling our children to become fluent in both languages
• Parents and carers are fully involved in the life of the school
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher with SEN experience to join our innovative and exciting sign bilingual school starting as soon as possible, part time. The role is part-time 2 days a week (0.4), and could be combined with some teaching cover.
We would welcome applications from teachers with mainstream experience and qualified Teachers of the Deaf who have the following:
• Excellent Teaching & Class Management Skills
• Positive view of Deaf children
• Good British Sign Language skills (minimum Level 2 essential)
• Experience of curriculum management
• Knowledge of safeguarding procedures
• Knowledge of the SEN Code of Practice and SEN legislation
• Understanding of the learning needs of pupils with SEN
• Experience of multi-agency working to ensure effective assessment and provision of SEN equipment
We are committed to developing our sign bilingual practice and have high expectations of both pupils and staff. We employ deaf and hearing people in partnership to raise the achievement of Deaf children.
We provide the following support and training:
- Strong induction & professional development programme including leadership & management skills
- Support for a successful candidate who is not a qualified Teacher of the Deaf to gain the mandatory qualification
- British Sign Language training
- Administrative support
Please read the Person Specification and Job Description carefully as well as looking through our website as there is a great deal of useful information available to you before you apply. CVs and late applications cannot be accepted.
Closing date for applications is noon on Friday 23rd November 2018
Interviews are planned for Thursday 29th November 2018
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please go to our website for further information and an application form: https://www.fbarnes.camden.sch.uk/our-school/vacancies
Please email your completed application form to: Angela Scheffer, Business Manager at email@example.com