Closes: 29.11.21More info >
Senior Specialist Teacher for Hearing Impaired Children, Leicestershire
Salary: Leadership scale 4-6
Base: County Hall, Glenfield, Leicester LE38RF
From : April 2021
The Hearing Support Team has an exciting, rare and interesting opportunity for a Senior Specialist Teacher for Hearing impaired Children. We welcome applications from Qualified Teachers of the Deaf who wish to take on a leadership role within the Team. The successful applicant would work with the Team Manager to shape the development of the service, lead on specific areas of work and provide effective performance management within the team. They would also have responsibility for a caseload of hearing impaired children. The current postholder leads on the management of the preschool element of our work.
We are a team of qualified Teachers of the Deaf, Educational Audiologist, Hearing Support Practitioners and Audiological technician. The post involves working with families, schools and early years settings across Leicestershire to support positive outcomes for hearing impaired children and young people aged 0-25.
• Qualified Teacher of Children and Young People with Hearing Impairment
• Good interpersonal skills, the ability to lead, be an effective member of a team, delegate appropriately, solve problems and resolve conflicts sensitively and decisively.
• Experience of working in partnership with schools, other support services, statutory and voluntary agencies to improve outcomes for pupils with a hearing impairment and SEND
• Understanding and substantial experience of meeting the needs of children with Hearing Impairment in pre school/School/College settings
• An understanding of and commitment to, Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding Children and the ability to apply this to strategic work and day-to-day situations
• Access to a vehicle and ability to travel to families and children across the County.
We are looking for an individual who celebrates equality, diversity and inclusion, challenging discrimination at every level, together as a service and a Council. We warmly welcome those from all cultures, ethnicities and beliefs, including those whose own experience of disability can serve as an inspiration – this diversity is vital to our journey and is fundamental to our values and enriches the service we offer our Children and Families.
If you wish to discuss the post please contact Kate Wells, Team Manager, Hearing Support Team on 0116 3059400 or email email@example.com
How to apply
You can submit you application on :
where you will also find a job description and person specification