Closes: 26.04.19More info >
Senior Specialist Teacher – Hearing Impairment – Buckinghamshire
In Buckinghamshire our ambition is for every child and young person to reach their full potential, regardless of their starting point.
Our newly reconfigured SEND Team, the Educational Psychology Service (EPS) and the Specialist Teaching Service (STS) ensures that we are able to effectively meet the needs of all children and young people with SEND.
Our vision is:
• Achieve the very best they can
• Attend a school or educational setting as close to their home as possible
• Be taught and supported by skilled professionals who have high expectations for their progress and learning potential
• Enjoy learning, feel valued and be confident
• Be actively involved in decisions that affect them
• Fulfil their potential as confident adults in their chosen community, and
• Be allocated resources to best effect
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Senior Specialist Teacher for Hearing Impairment who will manage the Hearing Support team and the Multi-sensory Impairment teacher. This person will ensure the delivery of SEND statutory services to children, young people and their families are effectively delivered.
You will provide line management support and be part of the management team for the area, ensuring effective collaboration and joint working across the disciplines, and be responsible for the quality assurance of the work of direct reports.
Applicants should be qualified teachers for Hearing Impairment with relevant experience in this area.
The role is peripatetic and requires a current driving licence and access to a vehicle. Travel expenses will be paid. This is a countywide role.
For more information or an informal discussion about the role, please contact Julie Rowland, Team Manager for Sensory, Physical and Down Syndrome teams tel. 07738 024082.
Closing date: Tuesday 30th April Interview date: Thursday 9th May
How to apply
To apply please visit http://jobs.buckscc.gov.uk/job-search/details/100000120920