Closes: 26.04.19More info >
Specialist Support Professional/ToD – Clarion UK
Clarion Interpreting Ltd are recruiting for Specialist Support Professionals for Students with visual or hearing impairments based throughout the UK and, with over 17 years of sustained growth and new contracts securing significant business for many years to come, this is a great time to join our team. This engagement will be on a freelance basis and you will need to register with HMRC as self-employed.
At Clarion, our vision is that Deaf and Disabled people get the best Interpreting & Specialist Support Services, in the right place, at the right time, throughout life.
Contract Type: Freelance-Flexible hours
Overall purpose of role
We are looking for qualified Specialist Support Professionals (Teachers of the Deaf), who can support, motivate and encourage students to develop and achieve their full potential. Ideally you will have experience of working in higher education establishments as you will be required to work mainly within colleges and universities. You must be sensitive to students’ needs and learning styles and should have an interest in and an understanding of, additional support needs.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Provide one to one Specialist Support to students enabling them to develop independent learning strategies
• To provide bespoke sessions for each student according to the needs of the individual
• Deliver tuition according to Clarion guidelines and code of conduct
• A flexible approach to working hours is required
• Manage paperwork effectively, i.e. completing time sheets and Individual Learning Plans
• You will be expected to represent Clarion in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality and safeguarding
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Advisory Teacher for deaf students/students with Visual Impairments or
• Advisory Teacher for students with Multi-Sensory Impairments or
• PGCE and registered Qualified BSL Interpreter or
• PGCE plus specialist qualification in relevant subject*
• Other teaching qualifications will be accepted at level 4 and above, including:
Certificate HE Teaching Toolkit
Diploma in Education & Training (DET)
Full details of acceptable qualifications can be clarified with us.
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV detailing your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO of Kelly Ashford