Closes: 29.11.21More info >
Specialist Teacher for Hearing Impaired children, Leicestershire
Specialist Teacher for Hearing Impaired Children
Salary: Main Scale (UPS if applicable) + SEN higher for appropriate qualifications and experience
Base: County Hall, Glenfield, Leicester LE38RF
From January 2021 if possible
The Hearing Support Team has an exciting and interesting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed specialist teacher for hearing impaired children .We welcome applications from Qualified Teachers of the Deaf and teachers with SEND qualifications/ experience of working with hearing impaired children with a willingness to undertake the mandatory two year training. Leicestershire County Council would fund the mandatory training if a successful applicant needed to achieve this qualification, subject to a learning agreement.
We are a team of qualified Teachers of the Deaf, Educational Audiologist, Hearing Support Practitioners and have access to a technician. The post involves working with families, schools and early years settings across Leicestershire to support positive outcomes for hearing impaired children and young people aged 0-25. The post holder may be required to work within our secondary Hearing Support Centre facilitating the inclusion of the deaf students throughout the school as well as teaching within the centre.
• Qualified Teacher Status with ideally the additional mandatory qualification in hearing impairment and/or further training in the field of Special Educational Needs and Disability
• Excellent interpersonal skills – able to relate positively to students, parents and other professionals and establish effective working relationships within a range of educational settings
• Understanding and experience of meeting the needs of children with Hearing Impairment in pre school/School/College settings
• An understanding of and commitment to, Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding Children and the ability to apply this to strategic work and day-to-day situations
• Access to a vehicle and ability to travel to families and children across the County.
We are looking for an individual who celebrates equality, diversity and inclusion, challenging discrimination at every level, together as a service and a Council. We warmly welcome those from all cultures, ethnicities and beliefs, including those whose own experience of disability can serve as an inspiration – this diversity is vital to our journey and is fundamental to our values and enriches the service we offer our Children and Families.
If you wish to discuss the post please contact Kate Wells, Team Manager, Hearing Support Team on 0116 3059400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please find the Job Description and person specification and the application at the link below :
CYP1616-Specialist Teacher of the Hearing Impaired: