Closes: 20.09.21More info >
Teacher in Specialist Provision for Hearing Impairments – Lowerhouses CE (VC) & EY School
Full time Teacher in Specialist Provision for Hearing Impairments – MPS + up to 2 SEN Points
This is a very exciting opportunity to work within an experienced and supportive hearing-impaired provision, as an intrinsic part of a successful mainstream Primary School.
Lowerhouses CE (VC) JI & EY School has a very strong track record of outstanding practice in relation to primary and early years’ children with a hearing impairment.
A trainee or qualified Teacher of the Deaf is required to work with and support children, their families, Early Years settings and mainstream schools peripatetically in Kirklees. Age range, from birth to 11 years. This is a temporary contract for two terms from September 2021 until Easter 2022 and is for up to 5 days per week.
We require an outstanding, enthusiastic and experienced primary teacher (preferably with 3 years primary experience) who;
– Has a passion for children’s learning with a creative approach
– Has very high expectations of achievement and behaviour
– Is flexible and adaptable
– Has excellent interpersonal skills
– Is committed to the safeguarding of all pupils.
– Has an additional qualification in deaf education (mandatory qualification) and expertise in teaching children with a hearing impairment (or are willing to work towards gaining qualifications funded by the school)
– Will work towards BSL level 2
As a school we can offer:
– Enthusiastic children and parents
– A positive, caring and welcoming staff
– A well-resourced learning environment
– Supportive Governors
– An opportunity to make a difference to the lives of our children
How to apply
For more details and how to apply please visit: https://kirklees.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/brand-5/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/4/opp/3673-Teacher-in-the-Specialist-Provision-for-Hearing-Impairment-Lowerhouses-CE-VC-JI-EY-School/en-GB