Closes: 20.09.21More info >
Teacher of Deaf in Charge of Secondary HI Resource Base 0.8 FTE – Coventry
Teacher of the Deaf in Charge of Secondary Hearing-Impaired Resource Base
0.8 FTE permanent post TMS plus SEN 2 Allowance plus TLR 2a
Please note this is a re advertisement – previous applicants need not apply
To start as soon as possible an experienced Qualified Teacher of the Deaf is required to join the well-respected Sensory Team in Coventry.
To assist with the management of the Hearing Impairment Team, by;
• Leading and managing, on a day-to-day basis, the development of effective teaching, learning and access strategies across the curriculum, to support the educational and general progress of hearing-impaired pupils attending the Secondary Resource Base
• Manage the HI Resource Base in partnership with the Senior Leadership Team of the school
• Leading the work of the HI Resource Base in enhancing the teaching practice of other staff in the mainstream school, in meeting the needs of HI pupils in their classrooms
• To be the key lead in fostering links with FE Colleges with view to potentially creating a service for FE colleges
• Responsibility for monitoring the transition of children with HI in Coventry to Further Education or Employment.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Qualified Teacher of the Deaf to join a well-established team.
You will need to be creative, imaginative and sensitive to the individual needs of hearing impaired children and young people.
You will need:
Energy and enthusiasm in working with hearing impaired children
A thorough knowledge regarding the educational implications of a hearing impairment including those with additional needs
The ability to form supportive relationships with colleagues
Willingness to take managerial initiatives, responsibilities and contribute to overall Service development
Excellent communication (written and oral) and ability to work co-operatively with others
Excellent ICT skills and ability to undertake assessment procedures, plan and facilitate delivery of appropriate programmes of educational support across phases
A successful record of recent teaching experience with hearing impaired children.
Substantial and successful experience of collaborative working in close partnership with families and contributing to multi-agency model of support
If you wish to discuss the post in more detail please contact Heulwen Hindson, Deputy Lead for Sensory Team-Hearing Impairment or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone 07710716910
How to apply
Details of how to apply at the following link
All details of applying and a job description are at the following link
Closing date 7th October
Interviews week beginning 18th October