Closes: 14.04.21More info >
Teacher of Mathematics – Doncaster School for the Deaf
Pay scale: MPS/UPS + SEN1/SEN2
Full time / Part time
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and committed teacher to join a well-established team. The successful candidate will be able to teach Mathematics at KS3/4.
Qualified Teachers of the Deaf or those with such aspirations are invited to apply. Knowledge of British Sign Language or a commitment to work towards minimum BSL3 is essential.
Essentially, candidates will:
• Be an experienced teacher of Mathematics at KS3/4 and GCSE
• Be expected to develop and implement School policies
• Be enthusiastic, self-motivating and able to demonstrate flexibility in your style of approach
• Have a caring and patient nature, and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Be a team player, and be able to contribute to the shared responsibility ethos of our school
It would be preferred if you had:
• Experience of SEN
• Knowledge of teaching children of all ages (KS2-4) and abilities
• Knowledge of British Sign Language. You will be expected to work towards Level 3
• Experience of teaching Deaf children / were a qualified teacher of the Deaf. You will be expected to undergo training as a Teacher of the Deaf, funded by the school
• Experience of development of the mathematics curriculum
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our school, you would be welcome to contact the Deputy Headteacher to have an informal discussion, or to arrange a visit to the school prior to submitting your application. Please contact the School on: 01302 386733 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit (this may be virtual).
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 4th May 2021
Interviews intended: Tuesday 18th May 2021