Closes: 26.04.19More info >
Teacher of the Deaf – Longwill School
Teacher of the Deaf
MPR/UPR + SEN 1/2
2 Permanent Full Time Posts
Required for September 2019
Head Teacher – Mrs Alison Carter
Longwill Primary School for Deaf Children, Bell Hill, Northfield, Birmingham B31 1LD
Telephone: 0121 475 3923
Our highly successful innovative and welcoming primary special school caters for 66 pupils between the ages of 2 – 11 years who are Deaf and require a sign bilingual education. The school has a national reputation as a centre of excellence in Deaf Education. We seek to appoint 2 committed, skilful and excellent Teachers of the Deaf who are passionate about learning and wish to work within our sign bilingual setting.
Longwill is a small, friendly school which offers an excellent education to Deaf pupils from throughout the West Midlands. We are looking for a practitioner who:
• Is a qualified Teacher
• Is either a QToD or has the commitment to train to be a Qualified Teacher of the Deaf
• Is an outstanding classroom practitioner.
• Has high expectations for pupils and is an excellent communicator.
• Thinks creatively.
• Is enthusiastic, motivated and a lifelong learner.
• Is able to work well in teams.
• Has the ability to communicate in British Sign Language (minimum Level 1).
• Is committed to develop further their signing skills to at least Level 2, or beyond, on appointment
We can offer you:
• An innovative and exciting special school environment, committed to providing the best opportunities for Deaf children and staff.
• The opportunity to work in a school which supports the continued professional development of its staff
• Delightful and hardworking Deaf sign bilingual children.
• A supportive environment with dedicated and highly skilled staff.
A commitment to CPD is essential.
Applications are welcome from Teachers who are both Qualified Teachers of the Deaf and those who are either currently training, or would wish to in the future.
Informal visits are strongly encouraged, there are 3 sessions available on Wednesday 1st May 2019 at 10.00 am, 11.30 am and 1.30 pm and 2 sessions available on Thursday 2nd May 2019 at 11.30 am and 1.30 pm. To book one of these sessions, please contact our School Business Manager – Ms Jacqui Smith or Mrs Alison Carter on 0121 475 3923 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: 9/05/2019 @ midday
Interviews to be held week commencing 20/05/2019.
Birmingham City Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Successful applicant(s) will need to provide evidence of their Identity and Right to Work in the UK.