Closes: 07.12.20More info >
Teacher of the Deaf – Nottinghamshire
Are you a Teacher of the Deaf with experience of working with Deaf children and young people who is looking for a new challenge? Would you welcome the opportunity to be working within a well-established Sensory Team, working directly with hearing impaired pupils, in homes, in settings, in schools and providing direct teaching support, consultancy and training? Do you have the flexibility to work across a range of schools and across all ages (0-19), abilities and key stages?
Applications are welcome from qualified Teachers of the Deaf and from good teachers in mainstream schools looking to develop their career in working with pupils with a hearing impairment. You must be willing and able to undertake specialist training for this post which is a two-year distance learning course as soon as possible. You must be willing to gain the mandatory qualification (distance learning) as a Teacher of the Deaf within 3 years of taking up the post.
• be a qualified teacher who holds the mandatory qualification for a Teacher for the Deaf or an experienced classroom teacher willing to undertake the mandatory training as soon as possible
• have proven experience of teaching or working with deaf students
• have an up to date working knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
• be able to model language – spoken and in BSL – appropriate to the needs of deaf pupils or be willing to complete a BSL level 1 course (minimum requirement)
• have an understanding of the principles of inclusive education in relation to children and young people with a hearing impairment.
• hold a current driving license and access to a car for work (taxi service available for disabled employees).
Closing date: 6 December 2020 Interview date: 11 December 2020