Closes: 28.02.21More info >
Teacher of the Deaf – Philip Southcote School (Surrey)
MPR/UPR plus SEN Allowance (London Fringe)
We are looking for an outstanding Teacher of the Deaf to lead our Deaf Pupil Provision (DPP). The successful candidate will be passionate about teaching and learning with Deaf pupils and will have the ability to motivate pupils and develop staff in a team which prides itself as being collaborative and supportive.
Applicants should either hold a mandatory Teacher of the Deaf qualification or would be expected to undergo training to gain the mandatory qualification. Funding for required training will be available to the successful candidate.
As Teacher of the Deaf, you will be able to inspire effective teaching and learning within and beyond the DPP and continue to build upon the current success of the department. You will understand the importance of data as a tool to track pupil progress and will identify a wide range of strategies to support pupils.
Philip Southcote School offers the opportunity to work:
- In a school that is passionate about achievement for all pupils.
- With fantastic pupils who enjoy a dynamic and engaging curriculum.
- Within a diligent team of excellent teachers who have a wealth of expertise and experience.
- With a strong induction programme tailored to your experience and needs.
- Working collaboratively within a very supportive environment where professional development is an essential aspect of our daily practice.
- The opportunity to develop your career.
- Committed to creating outstanding pupil experiences and learning for all.
The ideal candidate will: –
- Be an inspirational Teacher of the Deaf looking to develop learning opportunities for our Deaf pupils.
- Be a person who thrives in a fun, yet challenging environment.
- Be an outstanding classroom teacher with high expectations of learning and behaviour.
- Have a proven track record in raising standards and a good understanding of school improvement.
- Have a passion for building strong relationships with young people through restorative working.
- Be someone who is resilient and approachable.
- Be a good communicator who is able to inspire and motivate pupils but also who can remain calm under pressure and have a sense of humour.
- Be creative in your teaching and strive to bring out the best in pupils.
If you feel that you have the energy, passion, resilience and drive to be part of making Philip Southcote School outstanding, we would love to have you on our team. The pupils, staff and Governors warmly invite you to visit us and see the ‘Southcote Community” in action. We are sure you will experience our friendly, relaxed atmosphere and get a taste of how rewarding your work will be.
Please contact Mel Sullivan on 01932 562326 or go to http://www.philipsouthcoteschool.co.uk/ for more information about the school. The deadline for applications is midday Monday 15th March.
To apply, please visit our website http://www.philipsouthcoteschool.co.uk/vacancies/ where you will find the job description and application form. Completed Application Forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed FAO the Headteacher.
How to apply
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to email@example.com addressed FAO the Headteacher.