Closes: 20.11.19More info >
Teacher of the Deaf/Speech therapist based in Abu Dhabi
We, a European Family, are looking for a Teacher of the Deaf/Speech therapist who supports and guides us in developing our son’s speech jointly with AVUK and Whole Child Therapy London. The job is part/full-time 5 days a week with weekends off. Our son attends 5 days a week nursery for half-day.
The job profile and requirements are:
• Attend nursery as shadow teacher/ Teacher of the Deaf,
• Plan, design and implement an effective Auditory Verbal therapy program jointly with AVUK and Whole Child Therapy,
• Run sessions at home,
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team,
• Be part of the bi-monthly online team meetings led by Whole Child Therapy,
• Audiology, Speech-Language Pathology and education of the deaf or hard of hearing.
• Experience working with children in a school setting is desirable.
Our son, born November 2015, was diagnosed in fall 2017 with profound sensorineural hearing loss left and mild, predominately conducive hearing loss right. Beginning of 2018 he underwent Cochlear Implant operation for the left ear in and received hearing aid for the right ear. Unfortunately the implant failed and was re-implanted in March 2019.
Since July 2019 he is wearing both the CI and hearing aid consistently and was regularly supported online/ on the ground by Auditory Verbal UK (AVUK) as well as Whole Child Therapy for sensory integration.
• Attractive tax free salary subject to experience,
• Cost for online Foundation course at AVUK London will be covered,
• Cost for OT training at Whole Child Therapy London will be covered,
• Return air tickets twice a year,
• Option for in-living free at cost,
• Car at disposal.
Contract starting date & duration
• Starting date as soon as possible and preferably latest by Q1 2020
• Duration is subject to negotiation but preference of minimum 6 months
How to apply
In case of interest kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your CV in order to schedule an initial phone interview.