“The Four Purposes of the curriculum and Statements of what matters for all areas of learning and experience have been published in BSL alongside the Welsh and English guidance on Hwb:
- Statements of what matters for Expressive Arts
- Statements of what matters for Health and Wellbeing
- Statements of what matters for Humanities
- Statements of what matters for Languages, Literacy and Communication
- Statements of what matters for Maths and Numeracy
- Statements of what matters for Science and Technology
There is also information in BSL for children, young people and families about the Curriculum for Wales and BSL in the curriculum on the Education Wales YouTube channel.
A Curriculum for Wales BSL glossary is also now available to help ensure quality and consistency of future Curriculum for Wales BSL guidance and resources.
Further information has been published on Hwb about sign languages and sign systems.
Welsh Government has also commissioned resources to support learning and teaching BSL in schools and settings in Wales.
The following resources are available for free on Hwb. They have been produced by Atebol in partnership with Deaf Friendly Business Solutions.
BSL Awareness – this resource explains what BSL is, its history, status and regional variations, and includes interviews with deaf BSL users from Wales.
BSL Progression Step 1 introduces everyday BSL words and phrases
Storytime in BSL stories from Wales in BSL.”
Queries about Curriculum for Wales can be submitted via this email address [email protected]