The Seashell MSI (Deafblind) Intervenor course is a five-day course and is quality endorsed by the AIM Qualifications and Assessment Group.
Upon successful completion of the course participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance, can be classed as a trained MSI Intervenor and have access to the Intervenor Networks.
The course is specifically designed for professionals working with children and young adults (0-25) who are Deafblind (Multisensory Impaired) across education, health and social care and is delivered by experts in the field.
The course meets the requirements of the Intervenor Standards issued by NatSIP.
Course content includes:
- impact of deafblindness
- visual and hearing impairment,
- communication, (including tactile signing)
- development of touch
- functional MSI curriculum and environments
- the role of the Intervenor
- mobility and independent living skills
- sensory processing difficulties
Find out more about the course and facilitators here.
To find out more or to book your place, please get in touch with Outreach Services.