This is a five-day course and is quality endorsed by the AIM Qualifications and Assessment Group.
Upon successful completion of the course participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance, can be classed as a trained MSI Intervenor and have access to the Intervenor Networks.
The course is specifically designed for professionals working with children and young adults (0-25) who are Deafblind (Multisensory Impaired) across education, health and social care and is delivered by experts in the field.
The course meets the requirements of the Intervenor Standards issued by NatSIP.
Course content includes:
- impact of deafblindness
- visual and hearing impairment,
- communication, (including tactile signing)
- development of touch
- functional MSI curriculum and environments
- the role of the Intervenor
- mobility and independent living skills
- sensory processing difficulties
This course will be 4 days delivered remotely via Zoom, apart from Friday 6th October, which will be face-to-face at Seashell.