Available to qualified audiologists or those who have completed the BSA impression-taking course (over 5 years) and will be required to take impressions on children (under 5 years) in their work environment. Delegates will need an agreed supervisor to continue training/supervision in their work environment.
This 1-day BSA accredited course by TJ Audiology will take place at Newbury College in Berkshire and will train delegates to:
• A review of individual impression-taking techniques to BSA standards
• Anatomical and physical differences associated with children in relation to otoscopy, impression-taking and mould choice.
• Interaction with care givers and children, including appropriate brace positions
• Demonstration and practice with different types of equipment appropriate for use with young children
• Earmould manufacture contracts and impression-taking requirements for children according to national guideline
A certificate will be awarded upon full attendance of the course, with successful completion of both the written and practical assessment on the day, or as homework.
For further details email: [email protected]