Policy statement on taking ear mould impressions
Teachers of the Deaf may take earmould impressions subject to the following conditions.
- This task is contained in their job description.
- The service/establishment which employs them has a current policy detailing guidance and procedures for the task.
- There is an established arrangement for processing and paying for the earmoulds.
- Their employer (Local Authority or other employer) has current appropriate insurance cover for this procedure.
- They have received and satisfactorily completed ear examination and age appropriate impression training from an accredited otoscopy and impression training provider and conform to BSA standards and guidelines (see the BSA website.)
- They have obtained written parental consent to the procedure.BATOD NEC