Missed the ‘Standards for Sign Language Storybooks’ webinar?
You can find a recording of the webinar here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay5La8Q3VM8
During the workshop attendees were introduced to the “newly released Create a World of Deaf Readers: Standards for Sign Language Storybooks produced by Rochester Institute of Technology/National Technical Institute for the Deaf (RIT/NTID), with support from All Children Reading: A Grand Challenge for Development (ACR GCD).”
- “The Standards are available in multiple formats here: https://allchildrenreading.org/solution/standards-for-sign-language-storybooks/
Also, other resources shared during the webinar:
- eKitabu’s Accessible Publishing Toolkit for Malawi – this Toolkit will help you create an accessible EPUB with image descriptions, accessible navigation, dyslexic fonts, and optional sign language videos
- eKitabu and MANAD’s Online Malawian Sign Language (MSL) Vocabulary – MSL Early Grade Vocabulary Guide is a collection of over 400 selected vocabulary words for the deaf and hard of hearing learners that integrate local sign language videos with early grade readers. The aim of the guide is to support language acquisition and build communication skills on a path to literacy.
- RIT/NTID’s World Around You (WAY) Platform – library to find, contextualize, create sign language storybooks.
- https://www.youtube.com/@signlanguagebooksinactionph – Deaf Boholanos Society’s YouTube Channel with Filipino Sign Language books
- https://www.facebook.com/SLBAPH – Deaf Boholanos Society’s Facebook page featuring activities and reading camps under the Sign Language Books in Action prize
- SIL’s Bloom Library Sign Language Storybooks – SIL’s Sign language storybook collection featuring 12 sign languages
- eKitabu’s Open Digital Library – 50 Malawian Sign Language Books
You may also be interested in the following technical brief