World Health Organization has announced
“The next World Hearing Day will be observed on 3 March 2022 with the theme ‘To hear for life, listen with care’.
Through this theme, WHO will focus on the importance of safe listening as a means of maintaining good hearing across the life course as recommended in the World report on hearing.
The key messages for WHD 2022 are:
* It is possible to have good hearing across the life course through ear and hearing care
* Many common causes of hearing loss can be prevented, including hearing loss caused by exposure to loud sounds
* ‘Safe listening’ can mitigate the risk of hearing loss associated with recreational sound exposure
* WHO calls upon governments, industry partners and civil society to raise awareness for and implement evidence-based standards that promote safe listening
The World Hearing Day 2022 will mark the launch of:
* The ‘Global standard for safe listening entertainment venues and events’
* A SafeListening handbook, and
* A media toolkit for journalists
We hope that the World Hearing Day 2022 will be a massive call to action. All sectors can demonstrate their leadership by making this year’s event the largest one the country has ever seen.”