The Auditory Implant Service offers a well-established and respected training programme for professionals with interests in audiology, cochlear implants and other implantable devices. We will running our ever-popular Cochlear Implants: The Basics course again this year.
If you have any queries, please send an email to [email protected]
FREE If you support an USAIS patient – otherwise the cost is £30
This one-day course is aimed at professionals with no prior knowledge of Cochlear implants who want to know the basics in order to support a child in a classroom setting. This would be of particular interest to SENCO’s and Learning Support Assistants.
Topics will include:
* What is a cochlear implant and what does it sound like?
* Introduction to the equipment, the component parts, buttons, lights etc.
* Fundamentals of listening development
* Routine listening checks
* What is it like to have a hearing loss?
* Meeting a CI user and a parent of a CI user.
* How to support a CI user in his/her educational setting.
* How to improve the listening environment for a child.
Teas and Coffees will be provided.
Comfort breaks and lunch breaks will be included.
Delegates will need to bring their own lunch.
Delegates will need to choose two workshops; one for the manufacturer of the device the child they support uses and the other the age range of the same person.
Booking will be through the University Online store (to book delegates will need to set up an account on the store if they have not already done so).
This link will take you to the University of Southampton Online Store through which you will be able to book your space.