Thu, 14 October 2021 09:30 – 16:00 BST
About this event
Deaf Education: Moving On
We are very excited to announce our Keynote speaker is Jackie Salter, discussing –
Remote Emergency Teaching: Learning from our experiences
During the last 18-20 months many in the educational sector have experienced moving their teaching and partnership working onto a remote digital platform. In the initial stages there were challenges and difficulties. However as the technology rapidly improved and practitioners and students became more skilled it became clear that there was the potential to develop future practice beyond the pandemic.
This presentation will bring together recently published research reflecting on the impact of a rapid shift to teaching online from across the educational sector and experiences from within deaf education. It will draw on the experiences of different participants, teachers, students and pupils to explore some of the areas we may wish to consider developing practices in, in the future.
For the CANCELLATION POLICY Please refer to the BATOD website
09.00 Coffee, registration and exhibition
09.45 Keynote Jackie Salter – Remote Emergency Teaching: Learning from our experiences.
10.45 A word from our sponsors
11.30 Morning Workshops
We have 8 fantastic CPD workshops to choose from. Please select one morning and one afternoon workshop only.
1. Evidence Based Practice in Aural Rehabilitation by Nicole da Rocha Speech and Language Therapist and Audiologist, Customer Engagement Specialist – Rehabilitation with Advanced Bionics
2. How does mental health and emotional well-being affect children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their families? by Michelle Coup
3. Remote Emergency Teaching: Learning from our experiences – following on from the keynote speech this is an opportunity to discuss and share what has worked and what has not with Jackie Salter
4. Finding time to take stress seriously: promoting health and wellbeing for deaf pupils and their teachers by Dr Helen Willis Auditory Neuroscientist and stress management consultant with Soothing Stress Strategies
12.30 Lunch is provided
Opportunity to explore our fantastic Exhibition
Exhibitors Include: FrontRow/Oticon and Med-El plus RG Soundfield, Interacoustics and Advanced Bionics
Opportunity to Network
13.30 AGM – all members welcome
13.45 – 14.45 Afternoon workshops
5. Panathlon – Inspiring DCYP to try traditional and non-traditional sports in a competitive environment by James Dixon
6. Early Intervention: working with parents to create collaborative Pre School groups by Clare Prior
7. Child bereavement by Melody Dark
8. One Lump or Two? by Catherine Waites
15.00 A word from our President Martine Monksfield
15.30 Evaluation forms to be completed