Suitable for Teachers of the Deaf, Educational Audiologists, and those working with children and adults who have hearing impairment, this 1-day BSA accredited course will train delegates to:
- undertake otoscopy and impression-taking safely (on individuals over 5 years) and according to BSA procedure
- recognise conditions of the ear and refer accordingly
- recognise responsibility to adhere to scope of practice and insurance/liability
- communicate effectively with clients and/or their families/carers
- arrange for earmould manufacture and maintain accurate records of procedure
A certificate will be awarded upon full attendance of the course, with successful completion of both the written and practical assessment on the day, or as homework.
More information is available here.