- Describe theory of mind, translating and understanding it’s underlying components when considering the everyday behaviour of primary age children with hearing loss.
- Recognise the developmental stages of acquiring theory of mind and how they shape learning, problem solving and socialising.
- Discuss the impact deafness has on the development of theory of mind and recognise specific areas that may be delayed, based on research finding and shared practice.
- Explore how and where theory of mind fits into social thinking, discussing the range of resources available.
- Recall and apply an understanding of theory of mind on a selection of well known children’s books.
- List 4 areas with practical ideas in each for encouraging and developing theory of mind in the primary years.
- Compare current support packages and reflect on how these can be adapted and expanded to include activities that will develop theory of mind.
- Write 3 actions to put into practice, short, medium and long term
Click here for more information and to book a place.