Join us at the Specialist Deaf Curriculum Framework launch event.
Register your place via this Eventbrite link
This webinar launches the Specialist Deaf Curriculum Framework. The framework will be an online open-access resource that will be available on the BATOD website.
What is the specialist deaf curriculum framework?
This curriculum framework is a UK-wide resource for specialists in deafness such as Qualified Teachers of Deaf Children and Young People (QToDs) and educational audiologists, deaf children and young people (CYP), their families, education settings, and the other professionals who support them.
It covers support for:
· understanding and making decisions about deafness
· developing the necessary social, pragmatic, and academic communication and language skills in their preferred communication style
· developing confidence in their ability to self-advocate and to self-determine
· creating a positive sense of self and deaf identity
· managing change and having the skills needed for adulthood.
This webinar will have British Sign Language interpretation support.
Zoom captions will be used for this webinar.
This event will be recorded.