Together We Can Improve Language and Communication
Communication is one of the most important areas of development for deaf children. This session will help your understanding of how deafness impacts language and communication, and how you can remove any barriers to learning. We’ll also look at how to improve any practical issues, such as:
- room layout and positioning
- phonics learning
- peer-to-peer learning
- reading and writing.
This session will help you:
- understand the impact of deafness on language and communication
- learn about the barriers to language and communication that deaf children might face
- understand how to reduce or remove any barriers to improve opportunities and learning
- understand how to improve language learning.