Success from the Start: a developmental resource for the families of deaf children 0 to 3 is a resource to help families and the professionals who work with them, keep a record of the progress that their child makes, to understand next steps and provide ideas for activities that can be done with their child after the hearing loss has been identified.
Based on the well-known and well-regarded Early Support Monitoring Protocol.
- Free to download or photocopiable.
- Can help parents share their observations of their child.
- Recognise the importance of what their child is doing now.
- Supports them in asking questions and understanding their child’s development.
- Gives clarity about what sorts of things their child may do next.
- Provides ideas as to what they and others can do to help.
- Useful for both oral and signing children.
Teachers of Deaf, Teachers of Multi-Sensory Impairment, Education Support staff, Early Years Practitioners, and other professionals.
Emma Fraser, Teacher of the Deaf with the NDCS and previously a peripatetic teacher for a local authority with responsibility for 0-5 development.
Date – 16 March 2021
For further information and to register visit http://www.ssc.education.ed.ac.uk/courses/deaf/dmar21b.html