The aims and objectives for our ToD Training are:
- To revisit the stages of speech and language development in the early years and how children with hearing impairment might be impacted.
- To demonstrate how to use the Teddy Talk Test to assess and analyse a child’s communication development.
- To explore practical considerations around achieving engagement from the pre-school child whose attention and listening skills may be affected by their hearing impairment.
- To explore the use of the Teddy Talk Test for children who use a combination of speech and signing.
- To discuss actions that should be taken as a result of assessment findings.
- To discuss local provision, the steps that might need to be taken in order to make a referral to local SLT services and how the Teddy Talk Test might be used to support that referral.