Suitable for healthcare employees who are not qualified audiologists and are required undertake routine audiometry and/or tympanometry. Typical delegates include occupational health workers, assistant or associate audiologists, Teachers of the Deaf, GPs and nurses. This 3-day BSA accredited course by Tracy James Audiology Training will take place at Newbury College in Berkshire and will train delegates to:
- Perform otoscopy reliably and according to BSA recommended procedure
- Undertake air conduction and bone conduction audiometry (without masking) and/or tympanometry and according to BSA recommended procedure
- Carry out Stage A checks and understand the requirements for calibration of equipment
- Operate a sound level meter and measure ambient noise levels
- Interpret results and findings, recording results
- Communicate results and findings to other professionals
A certificate will be awarded upon full attendance of the course, with successful completion of both the practical and written assessment.
It is possible to attend only part of the course for the audiometry or tympanometry only elements –
- BSA Certificate in Basic Audiometry – 12th, 13th November 2024 (2 days) – £575
- BSA Certificate in Tympanometry – 14th November 2024 (1 day) – £350
A certificate will be awarded upon full attendance of the course, with successful completion of both the written and practical assessment on the day, or as homework.
For further details email [email protected]
Or to book a place on the course, please complete an online booking form
Please take a look at our events calendar for details of all our 2024 courses