Suitable for Teachers of the Deaf or Educational Audiologists who carry out audiometry routinely in their role. This 1 day training course will review the 3 rules of masking used during pure tone audiometry according to BSA procedures. It will include:
- Theory of cross hearing and inter-aural attenuation
- How and when to employ masking as part of routine audiometry
- How to create a masking chart and grid
- Symbols used in masking, and how to record your masking appropriately
- Example audiograms and interpretation of when masking is required
- Practice audiometry and masking on each other / simulated.
More information is available here.